Party season is almost here. So we’ve called in Nail Wizard, Kirsten Noble (the genius behind @nailsbykirsten) to teach us a deceptively easy nail art look to impress Aunt Judith at the family BBQ. (They’re Go-To themed because of course they are.)
What you’ll be recreating:
What you’ll need:
- A light peach nail polish
- A darker peach/orange polish
- A white nail polish
- A green nail polish
- A clear top coat
- A few small brushes (Kirsten grabs the smallest ones she can find from Spotlight)
- Confidence (nail polish can smell fear)
What you’ll do:
- Apply one-two coats of your peach polish to all of your nails except your ring finger; leave that one bare for now, that’s going to be your accent nail.
- Draw a wide heart shape with your light peach shade on the nail you left bare. Leave a few minutes to dry.
- Grab a darker peach/orange polish and your thin brush and use it to highlight the sides and the middle. This creates shadowing and gives your peaches a 3D look.
- Once fully dry carefully paint a white curved line with your thin brush. It should go 3/4 of the way down the centre of your heart shape. Wait a few minutes to dry.
- With your green polish and thin brush draw a small leaf shape coming from the middle of your heart shape you created in the first step.
- Apply a clear top coat to finish and admire your handiwork. (Pun very much intended.)