There are a trillion ways you could be practicing self care right now (no, really, we wrote about a heap of them right here). But one thing that I’ve found especially helpful at the moment, is upgrading my nightly skin care routine.
Taking good care of my skin is obviously a huge win. But more than anything, I’m snatching any opportunity to break up my day and switch the hell off. If you are too, then here is what we suggest for your very own nightly skin ritual.
- Light a candle, turn off notifications, and pop on a relaxing playlist or podcast. Force yourself to really switch off.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap before touching that adorable face of yours.
- Apply Fancy Face to dry face and massage it for at least 30 seconds to get rid of any makeup, grime, or SPF. (Yes! SPF! UVA rays are huge pests that can penetrate through windows, so SPF is still very necessary even if you’re indoors all day.)
- Take a warm, damp face cloth and push it on to face for ten seconds or so, to compress the oils into the skin. Then wipe away the oil with your cloth.
- Follow with a gentle and water-based cleanser like Properly Clean if you feel like you need it.
- Exfoliate with something clever and foolproof like Exfoliating Swipeys 2-3 times a week.
- Once a week, pop on a face mask here and treat your skin to a mini facial moment.
- Pop on your actives, serums, and then Face Hero for nourishment and antioxidants.
- Follow with Very Useful Face Cream to lock in all that glow and goodness.
- Goodnight kiss to yourself in the mirror, cutehead.